AT THIS TIME
Emergency Procedures Information:
- Overview: In the event of an emergency situation or inclement weather, the Rescue Union School District takes every precaution to ensure the safety of students. District staff works continually with local police, sheriff, fire, and emergency management teams to improve and fine-tune district emergency plans.
Modes of Communication:
- Parents and the community will be notified and updated as necessary using our ParentLink Emergency calling system.
- This web page will be continually updated and be the main source of information.
- Please DO NOT call the school offices and DO NOT call your child's cell phone as we need to leave all phone lines and airways open for the security of your child.
- In the event of school closures, the following radio and television stations will be asked to broadcast the information to our community.
- KCRA on channel 3
- News 10 on channel 10
- CBS 13 on channel 13
- KFBK, AM radio station 1530
- The Sacramento Bee
- The Mountain Democrat
- Closure of schools will be communicated to the radio stations by 6:00 am when possible.
- If there is no message on the radio by approximately 6:30 am, it is probable that schools will be open.
- However, continue to listen for messages on these stations in case circumstances change.
Scheduled Emergency Drills:
- For the safety of your children, each school is required to perform two Emergency Lockdown Drills during the year in order to maintain readiness for a real emergency situation.
- During a Lockdown Drill, the exercise is conducted as if there were an actual Emergency Lockdown.
- The school remains in Lockdown until authorities declare the campus free of threat and after achieving 100% student accountability.
- The campus remains completely closed to parents and/or visitors throughout the exercise.
Scheduled Fire Drills:
- Fire drills are scheduled nearly every month at all school sites.
Scheduled Earthquake Drills:
- Elementary schools conduct earthquake drills twice yearly.
- Middle schools conduct earthquake drills one each year.